As a part of Indiana University’s historic “Old Crescent” district, Swain Hall is an architectural jewel on campus. Originally built in 1910 and 1938, the connected Swain East and Swain West are home to the Departments of Physics, Astronomy, and Mathmatics. Both buildings were in need of upgrades to provide an effective and engaging learning environment for students.
Renovated spaces include classrooms, teaching labs, research labs, astronomy observation, student machine shop, computer classroom, physics forum, faculty and graduate offices, and conference space. Community spaces are integral to the renovation; when complete, students will enjoy a new commons area with lobby, central stair, and elevator.
Programming, laboratory planning and design, construction documents, construction administration, equipment planning