We subscribe to the “work hard, play hard” mantra. The A/E/C industry can be stressful and deadline driven, so we are always looking for ways to treat ourselves. This includes birthday celebrations complete with a birthday tiara, random potluck lunches and the occasional office happy hour. In case that’s not enough, HERA also provides competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to help our employees lead healthy and balanced lives:
- 9 1/2 holidays off
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Summer schedule with every other Friday off
- 100% medical insurance premium, HSA and FSA accounts
- 401K with employer matching funds
- Professional Development allowance
- Flexible work schedule and work from home
- “Leadership Ladder” employee growth program to encourage advancement
- Bonus pool for all employees
- Parental leave policy
HERA is seeking an architectural graduate with 5-7 years of experience and interests in laboratory planning, design, and equipment planning, to work in any of our HERA office locations. This is an exciting growth opportunity for an energetic, proactive self-starter to work with HERA’s Subject Matter Experts and scientific clients across the country. HERA works on challenging projects in a variety of laboratory environments, including undergraduate teaching, graduate research, government, biotechnology, forensics, clinical, and corporate labs.
Experience and key qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture
- 5-7 years of experience necessary
- General knowledge of lab projects and building construction technology.
- Good speaking, writing, and listening skills.
- Proficient in Revit and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Proficiency in rendering and illustration software such as SketchUp, V-Ray, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Bluebeam.
Roles and responsibilities
- Working effectively in a collaborative teaming environment, taking responsibility for accomplishing tasks set out by the team and meeting deadlines.
- Managing your own time and multi-tasking, while remaining organized and focused on several projects at one time.
- Travel for client meetings, field surveys, and other project or office assignments.
- Lab programming, planning and design illustrations and documentation, working with all HERA’s Subject Matter Experts
Additional details: Clearly identify your ability to contribute to our firm’s growth in your cover letter when you submit your resume and work samples to Taylor Schuman, Office Manager:
Mail: 411 North Tenth Street, Suite 400, St. Louis, MO 63101
HERA recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.