We subscribe to the “work hard, play hard” mantra. The A/E/C industry can be stressful and deadline driven, so we are always looking for ways to treat ourselves. This includes birthday celebrations complete with a birthday tiara, random potluck lunches and the occasional office happy hour. In case that’s not enough, HERA also provides competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to help our employees lead healthy and balanced lives:
- 9 1/2 holidays off
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Summer schedule with every other Friday off
- 100% medical insurance premium, HSA and FSA accounts
- 401K with employer matching funds
- Professional Development allowance
- Flexible work schedule and work from home
- “Leadership Ladder” employee growth program to encourage advancement
- Bonus pool for all employees
- Parental leave policy
HERA is seeking an architectural professional with interests in laboratory planning and design, to work in our St. Louis office. This is an exciting growth opportunity for an energetic, self-starter to work with scientific clients across the country. HERA works on challenging projects in a variety of laboratory environments including higher education teaching and research, biotechnology, forensics, clinical and R&D labs.
Experience and key qualifications
- 5 to 7 years of relevant progressive work experience in the A/E/C industry. Some lab experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the industry, including phases of design, language, references and resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Revit, other illustration and graphic tools.
- Strong skills in writing, communication, sketching/diagramming, project documentation and organizational habits.
Roles and responsibilities
- Working effectively in a collaborative environment, taking responsibility for accomplishing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Managing your own time and multi-tasking, while remaining organized on several projects at one time.
- Travel for client meetings, field surveys and other project or office assignments.
- Lab design, planning, illustration, and documentation, working with Subject Matter Experts from HERA.
- Will work with the clients (directly or as a team member) to assist with project needs.
- Providing superior service and excellent programming, planning and documentation..
Additional details: Clearly identify your ability to contribute to our firm’s growth in your cover letter when you submit your resume and work samples to Taylor Schuman, Office Manager:
Mail: 411 North Tenth Street, Suite 400, St. Louis, MO 63101
HERA recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.