We understand most of the people we work with aren’t architects, and two dimensional plans on paper don’t always paint a clear picture. How large is this laboratory? How far away are the equipment drawers from the write-up area? Three dimensional pictures can help, but even they are only images on a screen.
To better convey design ideas, HERA has developed a proprietary physical, three-dimensional kit of parts with physical pieces that allow HERA and clients to work together to design their laboratory spaces.
The planning model helps bridge the gap between abstract discussions of square footage early in the design process and detailed bench layouts developed at the end. In that middle ground, where we are trying to determine the best layout and configuration of your labs, the model allows the design team and the users to work together collaboratively to design and plan spaces that will work best for you.
Why our clients love the model
- Provides a clearer understanding of the design options
- Allows for real-time design decisions
- Makes conveying ideas to others easier
- Creates a collaborative design process
- Clarifies technical design concepts such as module spacing, clearance allowances, etc.