The renovated Withycombe Hall, originally constructed in 1952, will consolidate the Departments of Animal & Rangeland Sciences and Food Science & Technology into a single location, allowing the university to create an innovative, hands on and collaborative learning and research environment.
The new space will incorporate flexibility and include shared support spaces to maximize interdepartmental partnerships and resources.
The building will house:
The building also will be home to researchers investigating pasture & grazing, rangeland ecology, reproductive physiology, ecohydrology, nutrition, animal behavior, forage livestock interaction, ruminant nutrition, poultry nutrition, sage grouse, range science, watershed management and beef & cattle management.
A public outreach retail space for the cheese, creamery and meat produced by the students is also located in the facility.
Laboratory program confirmation, planning and design through CA
Bora Architecture & Interiors